hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Possible solution to 'WrongRegionException and inconsistent table found'
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 04:19:56 GMT
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Xu-Feng Mao <m9suns@gmail.com> wrote:
> Regarding 'is multiply assigned to region servers'
> I found these messages after running add_table.rb, and assign them.
> Maybe before executes add_table.rb, we should disable the table?
> Or use 'unassign'.

Yes.  If some already assigned, it'll likely reassign regions though
you are on 0.90.x and I didn't think regions added by add_table.rb in
0.90 context would be assigned.

> Regarding the recovery script I attached.
> After I run the script, I can insert values in that region now. But hbck
> reports
> ====
> Chain of regions in table STable contains less elements than are listed in
> META; visited=64035, edges=64044
> ERROR: Found inconsistency in table STable
> ====

Hmm... this reads as though there are some regions not yet assigned.
Is that possible?  If you add -details to hbck does it name the
regions not assigned?  If you try assigning one manually in the shell,
does the could of visited edges go up?

St.Ack