hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Hbck errors in 0.90.3
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:31:02 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Mat Hofschen <hofschen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stack,
> the scan of META does not contain any 'offline' or 'split' attributes.

OK.  So the daughters and parents are all 'online'.

> After executing add_table I restart hbase. Have not used disable/enable.

add_table.rb seems to be picking up parent and daughters?  Remove the
daughter from the 0.90.x copy of the data.  They should not have been
taking writes if parent was online.

> What actually happens when I copy the META from old cluster to new cluster?
> META table contains references to old cluster machines. Because of that we
> are using add_table. Is there another way to reuse the META table between
> the two clusters?

Well, are the old machines online?  The new cluster is trying to
contact them and failing?  Can you block the new cluster talking to
the old (IIRC, if the old cluster is reachable, we'll try and talk to
it and fail because of mismatch in rpc versions... I don't think we
assume it down unless we get a socket timeout or some such failure).

St.Ack