hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: How to apply multiple row filters in an efficient way?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:09:19 GMT
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Alt Control <altcontrolblog@gmail.com> wrote:
> With StartRow I need to pass the full row key, but since my key is made of
> date+ticker I can't do that
> (I know the desired date, but don't always know the ticker). Is there a way
> to do it?

You would pass a start row that was the start date of the period that
you wanted to look at.

Then, filters on the server side would prune those tickers you are not
interested in.

> The same thing also apply to the other part of the question - how can I
> filter based on the suffix of the key (the ticker)
> if not using regex?

I suppose you could pass a list of tickers or a regex as you suggest
(you might need regex since the time prefix will be changing as you
scan and I don't see an easy means of doing compare on ticker part of
row only).

Take a look at Lars HBase book up in previews?  Has big section on
filters.  Might have a suggestion for you.  You can give him feedback
on his filter chapter at same time.

St.Ack