hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: On startup is there a hook to start another framework?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:15:40 GMT
On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:16 AM, Hiller, Dean  x66079
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:
> 1.       How can I startup a framework in hbase?

Use coprocessors or, subclass it (the latter is not recommended -- it
becomes a pain fast).

> 2.       How can I locate the primary node the data is on and the secondary nodes?

For a file?  At HBase level, we don't really have a locality notion.
You'd have to go to HDFS to find the blocks that comprise a file and
where the replicas are located.

> 3.       Also, I would like all function calls for the same account to occur on the
primary node or at least the same node if I have a replication factor of 3 so that I can synchronize
on activities coming in for the same account

I'm not sure how to answer this one.

St.Ack