hbase-user mailing list archives

From Weiwei Xiong <xion...@gmail.com>
Subject Enable BLOOMFILTER on existing tables
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 01:02:57 GMT
Hi all,

I want to enable the bloomfilter on some existing tables to speed-up row-key
existence checking.  I altered the BLOOMFILTER from "NONE" to "ROW" for this
purpose.

But one think I am not clear is, will the setting change also take effect on
pre-existing rows? Or only rows to be inserted in future get the BLOOMFILTER
property?

If bloomfilter change won't be applied to existing rows, is there any other
way to speed up the row-key existence checking?

Thanks,
ww