hbase-user mailing list archives

From Laurent Hatier <laurent.hat...@gmail.com>
Subject GeoIP with HBase
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 13:49:03 GMT
Hi all,

I use HBase for the GeoIP operation.
I have a column family "GeoIP" where is 4'000'000 million lines.
Select a country&region from this column family takes me 7-8 seconds and
when i put this table IN_MEMORY, it's take about 5-6 seconds.
But, I must calculate the country&region for each log line that I stored
into HBase and the problem is I have million and million lines to treat...

So there is an another solution to calculate more quickly ? I've heard that
MongoDB is faster to do a select like this...

Thanks

--
Laurent HATIER
Étudiant en 2e année du Cycle Ingénieur à l'EISTI