hbase-user mailing list archives

From Christian Schäfer <syrious3...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Persist to HBase with JPA using HBql-JDBC-Driver (Examples)?
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:54:33 GMT
Hi St.Ack

yes I'm currently using Data Nucleus...and thought I missed that there is a JDBC-Driver

________________________________
Von: Stack <stack@duboce.net>
An: user@hbase.apache.org; Christian Schäfer <syrious3000@yahoo.de>
Gesendet: 18:35 Freitag, 14.Oktober 2011
Betreff: Re: Persist to HBase with JPA using HBql-JDBC-Driver (Examples)?

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Christian Schäfer <syrious3000@yahoo.de> wrote:
> just saw that there is a JDBC-Driver for HBase.
>
> So I wonder if it's possible to persist to HBase via JPA using that JDBC-Driver?
>
> For now I still saw in the examples that there are Annotations included in HBql what
seems not so far away from JPA-Annotations.

> JPA-HBql-. Examples (I didnt find any) would be welcome :-)

I think you might need to temper your expectation a little.  I think
that jdbc driver is for hbql -- least thats what it understands.
Then I'm not sure of the state of hbql.

The above seems a little dodgy to be building a jpa bridge upon?  If
you google jpa and hbase there seem to be a few possibilities
(datanucleus for one).

St.Ack