hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michel Segel <michael_se...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Persist to HBase with JPA using HBql-JDBC-Driver (Examples)?
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:18:33 GMT
<mini rant>
ok...
There are two ways to use HBase. One is as part of a map reduce program. The other is as a
NoSQL data store.

If you are writing a m/r job, you really don't want to create any DAO layer or even think
about a JPA layer. Sorry but the access API is too simple to require any JPA and you're not
writing to multiple data sources so you really don't want to do any abstraction...
Keep It Simple.

If you are writing an app to access HBase outside of a map reduce job, most of the same arguments
apply. HBase access patterns are too simple to require any abstraction.

</mini rant>
Sorry,
JMHO
YMMV, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Mike Segel

On Oct 14, 2011, at 3:54 PM, Christian Schäfer <syrious3000@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hi St.Ack
>
> yes I'm currently using Data Nucleus...and thought I missed that there is a JDBC-Driver

seems not so far away from JPA-Annotations.