hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase Hush Application
Date Sun, 02 Oct 2011 20:31:42 GMT
Hi Mark,

I think Zijad was on the right track. As you are running pseudo-distributed
mode, all your services are on your local machine. You should use only one
IP address bind to only one hostname. If you are using localhost as a
hostname bound to the ::1, as it's visible from your first e-mail, then
comment out all other localhost bindings in /etc/hosts, both IPv4 and IPv6,
leaving only this one. Comment out also any loopback interface.

Restart first Hadoop, and monitor HADOOP_HOME/logs, to see if all bindings
are now only to localhost/::1. If everything looks fine and you can't see
anywhere in the log output any 192*/localhost or anything that's not
localhost/::1, then start HBase and monitor logs too for same thing.

The only additional thing I did (also talking about Mac, as I had exactly
the same problem) is that I removed Hadoop metadata before starting
anything, formated namenode, and then started services.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Dejan

-