hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dejan Menges <dejan.men...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase version mismatch
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:42:00 GMT
So, I figured out what's happening. As hbase-default.xml is not standard in
$HBASE_HOME/conf anymore in 0.90.4, client can't check version in:

<property skipInDoc="true">
    <name>hbase.defaults.for.version</name>
    <value>@@@VERSION@@@</value>
    <description>
    This defaults file was compiled for version @@@VERSION@@@. This variable
is used
    to make sure that a user doesn't have an old version of
hbase-default.xml on the
    classpath.
    </description>
  </property>

Luckily, found this in src folder :)

So, I think this is good starting point for my problem resolution, but I
would anyway like to know, if somebody can help me, more about this option
and it's usage.

Regards,
Dejan