hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Couple of interesting observations for Hbase 0.90.4.
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:35:41 GMT
This is a discussion that comes every once in a while, not sure if we have a
FAQ entry or in the book...

But anyways, short answer is putting your computer to sleep is not
supported.

Long answer is that putting your computer to sleep is like partitioning that
node from the rest of the cluster, so the zookeeper timeout still applies
and if it sleeps longer than 3 minutes (by default) than it's considered
dead. The fact that you have only one node is an unfortunate event because
it means nothing else can failover the components that are running there.

We could have a special case for standalone setups, but beyond that I don't
see it being easily feasible.

J-D