hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: setting ulimit in os Lion X
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 17:57:29 GMT
Jignesh,

Curious if you are gonna run HBase on production over OSX. Otherwise,
the default limits should be good enough for testing, and HBase also
seems to set its own -n opt before it begins.

But anyways, if you are looking to set things permanently, and using
ulimit is not cutting it for you, checkout launchctl:
http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/launchctl.1.html
[See the "limit" expansions]

--
Harsh J