hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Does Hbase automatically restore data when regionservers fail?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:55:44 GMT
Edward,

HBase replication is entirely different than HDFS replication - The
former being cross-instance replication of HBase-data-only while the
latter replicates within nodes available in its own instance, and
covers all data generally.

Read more about it here: http://hbase.apache.org/replication.html and
decide for yourself if you'd like to use it.

(P.s. Please do not cross post to multiple lists. This question fit
HBase's lists.)

--
Harsh J