hbase-user mailing list archives

From yonghu <yongyong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: zookeeper connection problem in pseudo mode
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:09:39 GMT
Thanks for your response. I use Ubuntu 10.04 and the following is the
command information I got

huyong@huyong-laptop:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop
[sudo] password for huyong:
sudo: /etc/init.d/iptables: command not found

The way you did can't work for me. The way I used is from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

Can you show me your hbase configuration. I mean the content of
hbase-site.xml. Or you can give me link that I can check if I did the
right configuration steps. Thanks very much.

Yong

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Tom Wilcox <Tom.Wilcox@cse.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi Yong,
>
> When I run:
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop
>
> I see the following output:
>
> iptables: Flushing firewall rules:                         [  OK  ]
> iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter          [  OK  ]
> iptables: Unloading modules:                               [  OK  ]
>
> And my connection stopped being refused. Since I wasn't 100% sure what ports needed opening
for HBase and co to work and my system was on a closed development network, I was happy just
to stop the firewall services completely as above, rather than to modify the rules.

> We have successfully combined (Hadoop 0.20.2 with HBase 0.90.4) and (Hadoop 1.0.0 with
HBase 0.92).