hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about HBase for OLTP
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 14:59:09 GMT
Here are some of our stats of FB messages on HBase:

6B+ messages/day

Traffic to HBase
75+ Billion  R+W ops/day
At peak: 1.5M ops/sec
~ 55% Read vs. 45% Write ops

Avg write op inserts ~16 records across multiple column families and column
family updates in the same record are atomic (inside the same transaction)

-dhruba