hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: Is HBase.Client.Result.getValue(...) and Result.getColumn(...) fetch actual value from TABLE everytime
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2012 15:04:23 GMT

I think I understand what you're asking now.  For background see "scan
attribute selection" in here...

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.reading

The attributes that are specified in a Scan or Get are transferred to the
client regardless if they are actually used by the client.

On a related note, see the "scan caching" entry in the same chapter (the
equivalent is the fetch-size in JDBC).