hbase-user mailing list archives

From Tom Wilcox <Tom.Wil...@cse.org.uk>
Subject RE: zookeeper connection problem in pseudo mode
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:23:56 GMT
Hi Yong,

When I run:

sudo /etc/init.d/iptables stop

I see the following output:

iptables: Flushing firewall rules:                         [  OK  ]
iptables: Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: filter          [  OK  ]
iptables: Unloading modules:                               [  OK  ]

And my connection stopped being refused. Since I wasn't 100% sure what ports needed opening
for HBase and co to work and my system was on a closed development network, I was happy just
to stop the firewall services completely as above, rather than to modify the rules.

We have successfully combined (Hadoop 0.20.2 with HBase 0.90.4) and (Hadoop 1.0.0 with HBase
0.92).

HTH

Tom
From: yonghu [yongyong313@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 January 2012 21:22
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: zookeeper connection problem in pseudo mode

this is how I stop the firewall. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

sudo nano -w /root/fw.stop

echo "Stopping firewall and allowing everyone..."
iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT

sudo /root/fw.stop

at last I saw the output:
huyong@huyong-laptop:~/hbase-0.90.3/bin$ sudo /root/fw.stop
stopping firewall

I am not sure weather it is what you mean to close the firewall. I
don't know if my Hadoop version 0.20.2 and Hbase 0.90.3 version are
compatible.
Yong