hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@ngdata.com>
Subject Re: Solr+Hbase
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2012 11:26:13 GMT
On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Gopal <absoftinc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Lily  is great. However  as a  front end tool , do you  know  if we have
> to  depend  on another front end tool provider such as Pentaho  to leverage
> the full potential of Lily.
>
> Lily  is definitely extremely promising. I was able  to run their test
> lily server
> comprising of Hadoop, Hbase, Solr and Lily right  off the box.
>
> Extremely small footprint and runs as given in their website. However the
> issue I am having is that it does not have a Front end to  go along with it.

Thanks.

We have a Pentaho integration shipping with the next version of Lily
Enterprise.

The decision to not include a frontend was made on purpose:

   - there's a graphical admin tool shipping with Lily Enterprise
   - for building Lily-based apps, our experience is that it's easier to
   build one from scratch based on a well-designed API instead of trying to
   enforce some frontend technology upon Lily users

We have users building apps on top of Lily using GWT, Ruby, PHP and
probably many more technologies.

Kind regards,

Steven.

--