hbase-user mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject Re: HBase & BigTable + History: Can it run decently on a 512MB machine? What's the difference between the two?
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:21:52 GMT

re:  "Almost every blog I read about HBase tells me it's a clone of
BigTable."

The HBase website says that too....
http://hbase.apache.org/

re:  "Almost every blog I've read about HBase also tells me to
use a lot of RAM"

So does the Hbase Reference Guide...
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#perf.os

For more information, see...