hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prashant Kommireddi <prash1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Version issue
Date Fri, 25 May 2012 06:32:05 GMT
Hi Harsh,

I did an "svn update" on trunk.

Addition to hbase-site.xml gets Hbase started but fails on "Put". It fails
at this point -- if (!thisVersion.equals(defaultsVersion)) in the following
method of class HBaseConfiguration. "defaultsVersion" picks up "@@@VERSION@@@"
and not the one specified in hbase-site.xml

private static void checkDefaultsVersion(Configuration conf) {
    if (conf.getBoolean("hbase.defaults.for.version.skip", Boolean.FALSE))
return;
    String defaultsVersion = conf.get("hbase.defaults.for.version");
    String thisVersion = VersionInfo.getVersion();
    if (!thisVersion.equals(defaultsVersion)) {
      throw new RuntimeException(
        "hbase-default.xml file seems to be for and old version of HBase ("
+
        defaultsVersion + "), this version is " + thisVersion);
    }
  }