hbase-user mailing list archives

From AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan <ananthu2...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection error while usinh HBase client API for pseudodistrbuted mode
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 10:19:11 GMT
Hi,

For development purpose, I have set up HBase in pseudodistributed mode.

I have following line in hbase-env.sh file

export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=true

HBase shell works fine. But client API is not working.

My client code is as follows

                 Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
                config.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "10.78.32.131");
                config.setBoolean("hbase.cluster.distributed", false);
                HBaseAdmin admin = new HBaseAdmin(config);
                admin.isMasterRunning();

System.out.println(admin.getClusterStatus().getHBaseVersion());

I am getting java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: no further
information.

Any idea, how it can be fixed. Please let me know. Thanks!!
--
Regards,
Anand