hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop Sam John <anoo...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: HRegionInfo returns empty values.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:57:10 GMT

Actually how many regions in your table?
Only one region? In that case it will be having startkey and endkey as empty.. So your case
what it prints looks to be correct.

-Anoop-
From: Henry JunYoung KIM [henry.jykim@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 2:13 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: HRegionInfo returns empty values.

Hi, hbase-users.

To get a start-key and end-key from each region, I implemented simple code like this.

        HTable table = new HTable(admin.getConf(), admin.getTableName());
        NavigableMap<HRegionInfo, ServerName> locations = table.getRegionLocations();
        for (Map.Entry<HRegionInfo, ServerName> entry: locations.entrySet()) {
            HRegionInfo info = entry.getKey();

            System.out.println("server : " + entry.getValue().getHostname());
            System.out.println("start : " + info.getStartKey().length);
            System.out.println("end : " + info.getEndKey().length);
        }

but, this code returns

server : one-of-servers-name
start : 0
end : 0

start-key and end-key is empty. nothing!
data size is very strong. it's about 10,000.
from integer 0 to integer 10,000.

how could I get correct range of a region?

thanks for your concerns.