hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lukáš Drbal <lukas.dr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Region in Transition
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 16:31:07 GMT
Sorry Kevin, english isn't my primary language.Iam so sorry.

What i need:
- i have a lot of data actualy in /hbase.old
- new data are saved to /hbase

and now i need "combine" all this data, but exists rows from /hbase
can't be rewrited by rows from /hbase.old.

Maybe i can do it like this:
hadoop fs -mv /hbase /hbase.old - this replace all exists old rows?

After this i can move /hbase.old to /hbase and run hbck.
Both with stopped cluster.

Lukas

2012/10/15 Kevin O'dell <kevin.odell@cloudera.com>:
> Lukas,
>
>   I am not sure I understand what you are saying there.  What I thought you
> did was:
>
> hadoop fs -mv /hbase /tmp/hbase.old
>
> Restart HBase
>
> You should now have a clean HBase
>
> hadoop fs -mv /tmp/hbase.old/<table_name>
>
> Once you have moved all of the tables
>
> ./bin/hbase hbck -fixMeta -fixAssignments
>
> This should put your hbase back into a happy state, if it doesn't not you
> had underlying issues that need resolving.
>
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Lukáš Drbal <lukas.drbal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow, its perfect "hack" but what about "exists" rows?
>> For example when i have saved new version from row in /hbase i can't
>> replace it from /hbase.old
>>
>> Thanks for time
>>
>> Lukas
>>
>> 2012/10/15 Kevin O'dell <kevin.odell@cloudera.com>:
>> > Lukas,
>> >
>> >   A little trick you can use is to just copy the table directories into
>> > your new /hbase dir and then use:
>> >
>> > hbck -fixMeta -fixAssignments
>> >
>> > This will pull in the tables into your new empty META.  If once you do
>> this
>> > Regions get stuck in transition again, you have bigger problems.

>> transition?
>> until
>> your

>> give