hbase-user mailing list archives

From yun peng <pengyunm...@gmail.com>
Subject Could not find my address in the list of ZooKeeper quorum servers
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:44:30 GMT
Hi, All,
I have a HBase cluster run with property hbase.zookeeper.quorum set to be
hostname "node3". When HBase starts, Zookeeper can not properly starts and
it throws,

  java.io.Exception: Could not find my address: pc270.xxx in the list of
Zookeeper quorum servers

I have node3 configured in /etc/hosts, as follows,

  10.1.1.5        node3-lan0 node3-0 node3

pc270.xxx is the IP address the same node used in (another) global network.
If I change hbase.zookeeper.quorum to be pc270.xxx as suggested by
here<http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting>,
it works. However, I don't
want to use that global network, but rather want to use the local network
(10.1.1.5 or node3) for HBase/Zookeeper to communicate. Is there any
workaround for this? Any comments
are appreciated.

Regards,
Yun