hbase-user mailing list archives

From Anoop John <anoop.hb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase import Tsv performance (slow import)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 06:31:02 GMT
I think as per your explanation of need for unique id it is okey.. No need
to worry abt data loss.. As long as you can make sure you make a unique id
things are fine..  MR will make sure it run the job on whole data and the
o/p is persisted in file.. Yes this file is HFile(s) only.. Then finally
the HBase cluster is used for loading the HFiles to the Region stores..
Bulk loading huge data using this way will be much much faster than normal
put()s

-Anoop-

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anoop: Only thing is that some
> mappers crashed.. So thin MR fw will run that mapper again on the same data
> set.. Then the unique id will be different?
>
> Anil: Yes, for the same dataset also the UniqueId will be different.
> UniqueID does not depends on the data.
>
> Thanks,
> Anil Gupta
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Anoop John <anoop.hbase@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > >. Is there a way that i can explicitly turn on WAL for bulk loading?
> > no..
> > How you generate the unique id?  Remember that initial steps wont need
> the
> > HBase cluster at all. MR generates the HFiles and the o/p will be in file
> > only..  Mappers also will write o/p to file...  Only thing is that some
> > mappers crashed.. So thin MR fw will run that mapper again on the same
> data
> > set.. Then the unique id will be different? I think you no need to worry
> > about data loss from Hbase side..  So WAL is not required..
> >
> > -Anoop-
> >

> > On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM, anil gupta <anilgupta84@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > That's a very interesting fact. You made it clear but my custom Bulk
> > Loader
> > > generates an unique ID for every row in map phase. So, all my data is
> not
> > > in csv or text. Is there a way that i can explicitly turn on WAL for
> bulk

> into
> like..
> > > The