hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henry JunYoung KIM <henry.jy...@gmail.com>
Subject HRegionInfo returns empty values.
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:43:05 GMT
Hi, hbase-users.

To get a start-key and end-key from each region, I implemented simple code like this.

	HTable table = new HTable(admin.getConf(), admin.getTableName());
        NavigableMap<HRegionInfo, ServerName> locations = table.getRegionLocations();
        for (Map.Entry<HRegionInfo, ServerName> entry: locations.entrySet()) {
            HRegionInfo info = entry.getKey();

            System.out.println("server : " + entry.getValue().getHostname());
            System.out.println("start : " + info.getStartKey().length);
            System.out.println("end : " + info.getEndKey().length);
	}

but, this code returns

server : one-of-servers-name
start : 0
end : 0

start-key and end-key is empty. nothing!
data size is very strong. it's about 10,000.
from integer 0 to integer 10,000.

how could I get correct range of a region?

thanks for your concerns.