hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:37:53 GMT
hiļ¼Œall.
I want to describe a phenomenon that happens to our hbase cluster.
I use puts(List<Put>) to insert many records with writing hlog enable,
and some time later I delete all of these records with writing hlog disable.
When one week later, i scan the table, I found some records I have delete
reappear again.
It is an interesting case. In my opinion, if we delete data without enable
writing hlog, when regionserver fails, the log will replay in another
regionserver.
Can anyone tell me if I persist on deleting records without enable writing
hlog, is there a way to prevent these records from reappearing again some
time later?

Cheers!
--
Bing Jiang