hbase-user mailing list archives

From Prakash Kadel <prakash.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: coprocessor enabled put very slow, help please~~~
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 02:01:04 GMT
is there a way to do async writes with coprocessors triggered by Put operations?
thanks

Sincerely,
Prakash Kadel

On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:31 AM, Michael Segel <michael_segel@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hmmm. Can you have async writes using a coprocessor?
>

> On Feb 17, 2013, at 7:17 PM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Index maintenance will always be slower. An interesting comparison would be to also
update your indexes from the M/R and see whether that performs better.

>> ________________________________

Is this approach of creating some kind of index wrong?

>> Sincerely,
>> Prakash Kadel
>>
>> On Feb 18, 2013, at 10:07 AM, lars hofhansl <larsh@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Presumably the coprocessor issues Puts to another region server in most cases,
that could explain it being (much) slower.

enable quick search of docs i want to have some indexes, so i tried to use the coprocessors,
but they are slowing down my inserts. Arent the coprocessors not supposed to increase the
latency?