hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CCIndex
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 03:51:52 GMT
CCIndex was work done by a grad student at the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He/they talked
with us years ago about getting this in. The advice (this was just before 0.92 was branched)
was to redo it as a coprocessor. I specifically remember wondering about how to hook IOEs
from missed HFile reads - for when a read of an index with reduced replication hits a missing
block and an index rebuild must be triggered. That would have been an interesting use case
for the CP framework. However I think everyone moved on without this happening.