hbase-user mailing list archives

From Viral Bajaria <viral.baja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing Multi Gets in hbase
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:49:16 GMT
Hi Varun,

Are your gets around sequential keys ? If so, you might benefit by doing
scans with a start and stop. If they are not sequential I don't think there
would be a better way from the way you describe the problem.

Besides that, some of the questions that come to mind:
- How many GET(s) are you issuing simultaneously ?
- Are they hitting the same region and hotspotting it ?
- Are these GET(s) on the same rowkey but trying to get different column
families ?

Thanks,
Viral