hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: datanodes with differenet cpus&mem
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:30:56 GMT
Hi Hua,

It all depend what you want to do with your servers. They are already
pretty big. They will be able to handle big load.

What's about the hard drives?

What can of load are you going to apply? CPU intensive (Like big
regular expression on big text content to extract keywors from rows)?
Disk intensive (Like fast MRs job storring many data in an output
table)? Network intensive (Big transfers, lookups, etc.)?

Also, is it for a lab? Or a production?

If you already have those servers, you can simply install them with
HBase/Hadoop and run some load tests base on your usecase?

JM