hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dan Crosta <...@magnetic.com>
Subject What are the appropriate steps before performing hardware maintenance?
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2013 15:25:29 GMT
We have to perform maintenance on one of our HDFS DataNode/HBase Regionserver machines for
a few hours. What are the right steps to take before doing the maintenance in order to ensure
limited  impact to the cluster and (thrift) clients of the cluster, both for HDFS and HBase?

After the maintenance, are there any special steps required to add the node back to the cluster,
or can we simply restart the services and HDFS/HBase take care of the rest?

Thanks,
- Dan