hbase-user mailing list archives

From John Foxinhead <john.foxinh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: While starting 3-nodes cluster hbase: WARN org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session 0x0 for server null
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:18:18 GMT
I tried this way: I started hadoop, and it's all ok, so go on.
I setted HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false, so i could start zookeeper, try it and
check the problem.
I changed the zookeeper.quorum to jobtracker,datanode1 instead of
zookeeper1,zookeeper2 because the IP are the same, but in log file the
hostname reported was jobtracker and datanode1, while in zookeeper.quorum i
setted zookeper1,zookeeper2 so i changed this property because in hbase
documentation it's recommended to set the same hostname specified in log
file otherwise zookeeper nodes could not recognise themselves as zookeeper
nodes and maybe master could have problem logging. Anyway, I made this
change in all the nodes.
I start zookeeper in zookeeper nodes, and it works now because when i log
with bin/hbase zkcli from master node (who is not running zookeeper) It
logs at datanode1:2181 (where zookeeper is running) and commands like "ls
/" work.
When i use from master /bin/start-dfs the only output is "starting
master...". When I see log file i noticed that master send a zookeeper
request to 0.0.0.0:2181 and accept response from 127.0.0.2181, while using
bin/hbase zkcli it connect with datanode1.2181. This is very strange, I
think. What could be the reason why?