hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase random read performance
Date Sun, 14 Apr 2013 22:39:20 GMT
Hello Ankit,

   How exactly are you trying to fetch the data?Some tips to enhance the
reads could be :
Use of scan caching.
Good rowkey design.
Use of block cache.
Properly closing HTable and ResultScanner.
Use of bloom filters.
Use of Filters to limit the search.
Proper use of compression.
Use JBOD disk configuration instead of a single big disk. It'll increase
the disk I/O resulting into faster data access.

You might also find the below specified links useful :
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/hadoop-and-hbase-optimization-for-read-intensive-search-applications
http://www.packtpub.com/article/hbase-basic-performance-tuning

HTH

Warm Regards,