hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jyothi Mandava <jyothi.Mand...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Not able to connect to Hbase remotly
Date Wed, 22 May 2013 10:58:08 GMT
Connection between master and zookeeper are ok? Have you verified if your cluster is working
fine (zookeeper to master connection)?
I had connection issue though the IP was set in configuration and connection was tried with
host. Adding hosts entry resolved the issue. But no errors at client in your case.
In case if you already had an entry in hosts file, make sure the host name to IP mapping is
correct and no mismatches.

Jyothi

-----Original Message-----
From: Vimal Jain [mailto:vkjk89@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 May 2013 15:42
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: Not able to connect to Hbase remotly

No exception at client side .
Code just hangs on call to htablepool.getTable(tableName) In zookeeper logs , i am able to
see that it received a request for connection from Java program but it did not proceed ahead.

Any reason to add 192.168.0.181 in /etc/hosts , because as per my understanding  /etc/hosts
is used for hostname-ip conversion and i am already proving IP address.
Yes,both machines can access each other.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Vimal Jain