hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Carroll <phobos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase cluster over multiple EC2 Availability Zones?
Date Mon, 06 May 2013 20:59:55 GMT
We tried it. It did not work well. According to AWS, cross AZ latency
should be ~1ms. In practice we have seen large variances. Also if you are
using larger instances with placement groups, they do not work cross AZ as
well.

With this in mind we went the multi-cluster route, and kept all nodes for a
cluster in 1 AZ.