hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yves S. Garret" <yoursurrogate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is not running.
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 02:10:05 GMT
One more little update.

I ran this command in HBASE_HOME [ $ bin/start-hbase.sh ],
using these configuration settings:
http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1134614486

After I rand it, I checked
$HBASE_HOME/logs/hbase-ysg-master-ysg.connect.log and
this is what I saw:
http://bin.cakephp.org/view/823736802

I hope that sheds some light for you guys.

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Yves S. Garret
<yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi guys, one more question.
>
> I'm looking at this <http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html> link
> in section 1.2.1 and where I have to modify
> conf/hbase-site.xml, for parts hbase.rootdir and
> hbase.zookeper.property.dataDir, to what should I set hbase.rootdir?
> At the moment, I have hbase.rootdir set to
> /media/alternative-storage-do-not-touch/zookeeper.  Is that fine?
> Also, for hbase.zookeper.property.dataDir, I currently have it set to
> ${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase, does that make sense?
>
> I realize that some of these questions could be annoying, but I'd
> like to make sure that I'm on the right track and don't screw
> something up, getting a weird run-time error in the future :) .
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Yves S. Garret <yoursurrogategod@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> Done.  I'll go through the previously mentioned tutorial with
>> this in mind.
>>
>> Thank you for your help.
>>

>> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 4:39 PM, shashwat shriparv <
>> dwivedishashwat@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Commment out everything in /etc/host file add 127.0.0.1 localhost and
>>> then try.
>>>

>>> *Thanks & Regards    *
>>>
>>> ∞
>>> Shashwat Shriparv