hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is not running.
Date Wed, 01 May 2013 20:27:54 GMT
Hello Yves,

       I think by that JM means that you should first make sure that all
you Hbase daemons are running fine. The webUI is a pretty convenient tool
which allows you to monitor everything in a simpler way. If you are able to
see the webUI properly, it means everything is in place and you can move
ahead. You can then proceed with your shell exercises.

Yes..It's the same tool JM was referring to. Do you still have any
problem?What do your logs say?

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM, Yves S. Garret
<yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>wrote:

> Ok, I spoke too soon.  I tried going from Nutch to Hive... not supported
> (but adding support to it sounds like a fun side-project :) ).  But, I can
> go to HBase.
>
> Jean-Marc, I do have a question for you.  When you said that I should
> get the UI going before anything else, what did you mean?  I'm guessing
> that this is the tool in question:
> http://hbase.apache.org/book/trouble.tools.html
>

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Yves,
> >
> > Your host file looks good.
> >
> > Don't even try the shell until you get the UI displayed correctly and the
> > server logs saying that initialization is done.
> >
> > So what do you have on the logs when you are trying with this new host
> > file?
> >
> > JM
> >
> > 2013/4/28 Asaf Mesika <asaf.mesika@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Http://Devving.com has a good post on setting hosts file for stand
> alone
> > > hbase

> > > lfedotov@hortonworks.com<javascript:;>

> that I