hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohammad Tariq <donta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase is not running.
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 02:15:44 GMT
hbase.rootdir the directory HBase writes data to. I you are planning to
have a distributed HBase setup then set this property to some a directory
in your HDFS, like "hdfs://NN_MACHINE:9000/hbase". Otherwise point some dir
on your local FS. And for hbase.zookeper.property.dataDir, create a
separate dir outside your HBASE_HOME and as the value.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 7:40 AM, Yves S. Garret
<yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>wrote:

> One more little update.
>
> I ran this command in HBASE_HOME [ $ bin/start-hbase.sh ],
> using these configuration settings:
> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/1134614486
>
> After I rand it, I checked
> $HBASE_HOME/logs/hbase-ysg-master-ysg.connect.log and
> this is what I saw:
> http://bin.cakephp.org/view/823736802
>
> I hope that sheds some light for you guys.
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Yves S. Garret
> <yoursurrogategod@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi guys, one more question.
> >
> > I'm looking at this <http://hbase.apache.org/book/quickstart.html> link
> > in section 1.2.1 and where I have to modify
> > conf/hbase-site.xml, for parts hbase.rootdir and
> > hbase.zookeper.property.dataDir, to what should I set hbase.rootdir?
> > At the moment, I have hbase.rootdir set to
> > /media/alternative-storage-do-not-touch/zookeeper.  Is that fine?
> > Also, for hbase.zookeper.property.dataDir, I currently have it set to
> > ${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase, does that make sense?
> >
> > I realize that some of these questions could be annoying, but I'd
> > like to make sure that I'm on the right track and don't screw
> > something up, getting a weird run-time error in the future :) .
> >

> > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:23 PM, Yves S. Garret <
> yoursurrogategod@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Done.  I'll go through the previously mentioned tutorial with
> >> this in mind.
> >>
> >> Thank you for your help.

>  But,

> should