hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bing Jiang <jiangbinglo...@gmail.com>
Subject 【region compaction check key-bound or not】
Date Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:25:26 GMT
Hi,all

If Region process splits, it will make a reference.After executing child
region makes a compaction that absorbs all the reference. And I have a
question that how to make differences when executes scanner.
As we know that Compaction uses the scanner as well, so whether to set the
startKey and endKey of child region's bound, in order to guarantee that the
storefile in child region will not contain outlier keys? I cannot find code
to prove it, BTW, we use 0.94.3.

Thanks.

--
Bing Jiang