hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bikash Agrawal <er.bikas...@gmail.com>
Subject Calculating size in HBase.
Date Thu, 04 Jul 2013 23:23:34 GMT
Hi ,

Need to calculate data size in HBase. I can do it by using KV length. But
it is time consuming with huge data block.
HFile looks better solution but still I have question with HFile, HFile
will give size of data block. What if I have limit in scan[ ] object start
row and end row. And those range can be some where in two different HFile.
To calculate exact size I need to use loop, which is again inefficient.
Actually, I am trying to run map reduce using HBase as source. I need to
know what is data size. I am trying to do some performance evaluation.
Still I can do some approximation calculation, looking at map-reduce input.
It is always better to know exact size.

Do you know how can do calculate data size in HBASE.

--
With Best Regards
Bikash Agrawal