hbase-user mailing list archives

From anil gupta <anilgupt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 04:11:16 GMT
@Stack: Inline

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Anil:
>
> You having GC'ing issues Anil?  You hitting Full GCs pretty regularly?

While testing my cluster, i did a full table scan on a table having 600
million records(at that time very few writes were going on). I was getting
around 26sec GC's. Our JVM heap is ~30 GB. This was done around 2 month
ago. Doing full table scan took us 15 min. I dont remember much more
details about it.

> (Setting up a jenkins build as Lars suggests or having us add a note to the
> website somewhere saying 0.94 runs on jdk7 -- presuming it passes a couple
> of jenkins builds -- would be no problem... just say what you need).

I think we are good since Cloudera has certified HBase with JDK7. Cloudera
is our Hadoop vendor.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta