hbase-user mailing list archives

From fateme Abiri <fateme.ab...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2013 04:22:41 GMT
hi Dhaval
thanks for replying...
my other project which dont use this class has been run successfuly!!!
can you say me how can i submit the jars for hbase and hadoop with my job submission ?? can
you give me an exapmle, tanx very much Dhaval,

On Monday, November 4, 2013 8:18 PM, Dhaval Shah <prince_mithibai@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

You need to add the Hadoop and HBase libraries to the Hadoop Classpath. You successfully added
it on the classpath of your mainproject but when it submits the job to Hadoop, the classpath
is lost. The easiest way is to modify hadoop_env.sh. Another way would be to submit the jars
for hbase and hadoop with your job submission

Regards,
Dhaval

________________________________

From: fateme Abiri <fateme.abiri@yahoo.com>
To: "user@hbase.apache.org" <user@hbase.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, 4 November 2013 11:32 AM
Subject: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes

hi all
i'm running a mapreduce job in my hbase project.
my hadoop & hbase are remote and i run my code by this command in my terminal:
$ java  -cp  myproject.jar:/user/HadoopAndHBaseLibrary/*  mainproject

but i get this error:
attempt_201207261322_0002_m_000000_0, Status : FAILED
Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes

my other project which dont use import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes
has been successfully run!!!
but when i
use this class in my mapreduce Job  i got this error...

what could i do? can any one help me?
my hbase  version is : 0.94.11 and the jar files of it and Hadoop are completly in HadoopAndHBaseLibrary

--tanx