hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance between HBaseClient scan and HFileReaderV2
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2014 17:47:07 GMT
On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Jerry Lam <chilinglam@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to switch to 0.94 but we are using 0.92.1 and we will not
> change until the end of 2014.

There are more major performance improvements between 0.92.1 and 0.94.16.1
releases than I can count on two hands. I think the help we can provide you
since you cannot change software versions the entire year will be quite
limited. 0.94 is a drop-in replacement for 0.92. While you cannot do a
rolling upgrade (see http://hbase.apache.org/upgrading.html#upgrade0.94),
there won't be a data migration step. I'd suggest trying an upgrade from
0.92.1 to 0.94.16.1 in a dev environment to see if it's at all an option
for you. I think we would all recommend this course of action.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)