hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kristopher Kane <kkane.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom filter comparator
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:12:33 GMT
I have two qualifiers that contain latitude and longitude longs.  I wish to
write a filter comparator that will look at these two qualifiers and
determine if they exist within a supplied bounding box. - This will compare
four longs passed in as min/max values against what is found in the
qualifiers.

Looking at the built-in comparators like RegexStringComparator and
BinaryComparator, it looks like I must extend ByteArrayComparable and then
create a ComparatorProtos for my custom comparator.

I understand extending ByteArrayComparable but a custom ComparatorProtos to
facilitate ByteArrayComparable.parseFrom is a bit much to just look at a
couple of longs.

Are the above steps the right approach to for this kind of work or am I
missing something?

Thanks,

-Kris