hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mohamed Ghareb <m.ghar...@tedata.net>
Subject RE: hbase region server region split policy
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 17:07:03 GMT
Thanks Ted for your replay;
I know I can specify the policy with    SPLITALGO => ' KeyPrefixRegionSplitPolicy '
But I need the set the prefix length for that policy
How  can i do it ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ted Yu [mailto:yuzhihong@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:57 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: hbase region server region split policy

Here is a sample command from ruby/shell/commands/create.rb:

  hbase> # Optionally pre-split the table into NUMREGIONS, using
  hbase> # SPLITALGO ("HexStringSplit", "UniformSplit" or classname)
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 15, SPLITALGO => 'HexStringSplit'}

See also:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#arch.region.splits