hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject Who creates hbase root.dir ?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 23:38:51 GMT
Hi hbase.

In normal installations, Im wondering who should create hbase root.dir.

1) I have seen pseudo-distributed mode docs implying that Hbase is smart
enough to do it by itself.

"Let HBase create the hbase.rootdir directory. If you don't, you'll get
warning saying HBase needs a migration run because the directory is missing
files expected by HBase (it'll create them if you let it)."

2) But in bigtop, I see "mkdir" in the init-hdfs.sh :

su -s /bin/bash hdfs -c '/usr/bin/hadoop fs -mkdir /hbase'
su -s /bin/bash hdfs -c '/usr/bin/hadoop fs -chown hbase:hbase /hbase'

So whats the right way to maintain hbase-root ?

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com