hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bharath Vissapragada <bhara...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Is hbase call delete request for old hfile(storeFile) file if minor/major compaction happen for them
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:46:24 GMT
Not sure what you are asking but if you want to know the size of a store
file, you can use this method,

https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/StoreFile.java#L1440

One such usage is here,

https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/trunk/hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/compactions/RatioBasedCompactionPolicy.java#L292

It gets the sizes of all the store files, I believe thats what you are
asking! Please correct me if I'm wrong,

--
Bharath Vissapragada
<http://www.cloudera.com>