hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase region server region split policy
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:57:16 GMT
Here is a sample command from ruby/shell/commands/create.rb:

  hbase> # Optionally pre-split the table into NUMREGIONS, using
  hbase> # SPLITALGO ("HexStringSplit", "UniformSplit" or classname)
  hbase> create 't1', 'f1', {NUMREGIONS => 15, SPLITALGO =>
'HexStringSplit'}

See also:
http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#arch.region.splits