hbase-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Building HBase RPM
Date Sun, 09 Feb 2014 05:18:08 GMT
I believe Apache Bigtop has taken over that responsibility for the
major part of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem components. Perhaps use what
they have? Their gold mine is up at
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/master/bigtop-packages/src/rpm/hbase,
etc.

Unclear on reason of removal specifically for HBase though, as
HBASE-6145's refactoring removed it arbitrarily, but many other
projects have also removed/moved their own packaging spec
files/scripts in favour of Bigtop handling that responsibility.

--
Harsh J